Be a buddy - For local LiU students
Get a buddy - For international and exchange students
What is a buddy student and what is his/her task?
- A Buddy student is a local student (usually Swedish) that helps 1 to 5 exchange/master’s/PHD students to get on well in Linköping or Norrköping, helping with tips about the city and the university, explaining the Swedish culture and society.
I want to BE a Buddy student (for LiU students):
Q: What kind of activities should I do with my student(s) and how much time does it require?
- It’s totally up to you to decide what to do; it could be a “fika”, a bike ride, a visit to a museum, a trip, whatever you both want! You decide also the amount of time that you decide to spend with your student(s), we don’t have any requirements. However, when you sign up to this post you have a personal responsibility to take contact, help and meet the student(s).
Q: For how long am I a buddy student?
- You are a buddy student for 1 semester. If you want to be a buddy student in the next semester as well, you have to apply again. We will write on the homepage and Facebook page to keep you updated!
Q: Can I arrange some activities in groups with other buddy students?
- Sure! Just tell the buddy coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org) and write on the private facebook group “ESN Linköping Faddrar 2017/2018” (you got the link in the email with the contacts of your students)
Q: I want to be even more involved in the international student life, what should I do?
I want to GET a buddy student (for exchange students):
What should I do to get a buddy student?
- Just fill in the form on our webpage and wait for an email from your buddy student! You’ll receive a confirmation email when you’ll have been assigned a buddy student.
I filled in the webform but I haven’t received any email, what should I do?
If you have been assigned a buddy, he/she will contact you by email as soon as possible. Unfortunately sometimes we don’t have enough buddy students for all of the exchange students who want one. After 14-20 days from your application, if you haven't received any email you can ask us at email@example.com if you have been assigned a buddy student or not. For those of you that sent an application for HT17 it might take even more time to get a buddy student because of the summer vacations, so please be pacient!